Saturday, February 09, 2008

Tainan One Day Trip

Visited Tainan today to meet one candidate before his meeting with our client. This candidate has been working in China and therefore we haven't got the chance to meet him in person. Therefore, we were thinking to meet him up before his meeting with client to have a better control and idea over his state of mind.

Originally, we would meet for lunch but he was late for almost 2 hours because of the traffic on high way. Therefore, my colleague, Mills, brought me to one of the famous and long-history local market, 永樂市場, to try the famous Tainan local food.
台南永樂市場
We first had 米糕 and 四神湯 at this shop which has more than 50 years history. Then the famous 燒肉 and 土魠魚湯, which has similar long history.
台南永樂市場米糕店
台南永樂市場米糕
台南民族燒肉飯
It's really quite interesting to visit different places but I need to find a good partner to go and share the joy together. Therefore, my new year resolution this year is to buy my first property as I want to change to a new apartment with lift for my parents and the second is to find my life partner or soul mate to share my life together.

2 comments:

Fili said...

Hmm... I'm in Tainan but I'm not sure I know that market. Where was that located?

Good resolutions :P ... have a great Chinese year.

Jenny Yang said...

It's a famous local traditional market called Yongle market at the Central West area of Tainan.

You may want to check with some local people and they should able to guide you there.