Monday, March 28, 2005

CeBIT 2005 (March 9~16)

CeBIT 2005 Posted by Hello

This is actually my second time visiting CeBIT in Hannover, Germany, but this might be the coldest place that I have ever been to. To be frank, -6 is not as cold as what I thought. So guess I am stratching myself in terms of adapting to the different environment. CeBIT is one of the biggest trade show for IT related industry. For me, I mainly went there to look at Digital Equipments which are the hardwares that I'm working on in the company. In this field, most of the exhibitors are either from Taiwan, China, Hong Kong or Korea. It is like a big gathering for people from this region but the funny thing is the location, GERMANY. To me, I flew all the way from Asia to Europe to meet up with most of the suppliers from Asia as well. You might feel a bit wired but I guess that is the locations that most of the suppliers should show up together at one time. I would say it's actually worth visiting becuase you can still find out the trends in this industry and maybe some new products if you are lucky, but let's see how it would be in the following few years. BTW, this picture was taken on March 10th, the first day of the show, when I was walking from Wei's place to the train station. Here, I got to thank Wei's great help on the accommodation. That was my sweet and warm home in Hannover. : )

No comments: