Tuesday, March 29, 2005

CeBIT 2005 Taiwan Night

CeBIT 2005 Taiwan Night Posted by Hello

Sorry that I have not yet figured out how to put 2 pictues into one post. So please bear with me on the series of posts on the related topics.

The most interesting thing to me during this CeBIT is the Taiwan Night. It is organized by the Taiwan computer associations and the main objective is for the Taiwan exhibitors to treat their overseas customers during the show. I was lucky to be invited by one of my suppliers though it is a bit tricky that I am actually a Taiwanese but qualified to be the "overseas customers". It was held at a very big restaurant called Munchen Hall with hundreds of long tables and 2 stages at each side of the restaurant. There are 2 big bands playing the local music and trying to get people down there to drink more beer with all the cheerings. This is actually my second time having the famous Germany Schweinehaxen. Put it simple. That is the hand or foot of pig. It was actually quite cool and delicious but when you have it twice in the same week it might become a big task. Anyway, everyone down there were just crazy at the end of the dinner and started to dance on the floor. Don't be suprised! I heard that happened every night over there. Ha. : )

What amazed me is the whole group of Taiwanese over there. Thousands of Taiwanese gathered at one place and even one particular resturant because they are working hard to promote Taiwan products and expand the market coverage. This made me start wondering what I'm doing in Sinagpore now and how I can contribute back to my country in terms of upgrading the economy and industry. That might sound too big for some of you but that indeed is my ultimate goal in my career.

The biggest problem or frustration I had in the past three and half a year working overseas is that people do not appreciated the hard work we, Taiwanese, put into our products. We have the excellent technology and production capability. We are also the leading country in terms of IT industry in the whole world but we got to stand up to show the world that "WE" are the one. The one who brought the improvement and convenience to human being on this earth. OK! OK! Seems it becomes a long talk now. Let me start another topic on what I want to do later.

4 comments:

Jessica Tsai said...

Same question to my mind all the time. Why I am always out of country and what actually I did or I can do for our home country.

Still thinking.....

こんちん said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
こんちん said...

1 + 0 = 1
0 + 1 = 1
1 + 1 = 2 or possibly synergetically 3

Taiwan + Overseas = ?
1 + 0 = ?
0 + 1 = ?
1 + 1 = ?

everyone has a place to be.
everyone has a function to play.

if everyone is at a single place, doing the same function, what will it be?

now... if strategically placed, doing complementary functions?


economic excellence alone doesn't complete the picture. exposure or make awareness of culture and others, that can capture another's mind, will add colours.

but who is doing this if everyone wants to play the one and only function in mind?

Jenny Yang said...

I think this is not only about the locations where I am. Yes, there are something you always can do no matter where you are. However, the truth is there is still something that you can not do if you are not there.

Maybe I would talk about it later when I draft out what I want to do in my future career.