Monday, October 17, 2005

Hong Kong Fantasy

Only decided to visit Hong Kong last weekend on last Thursday. This is really a very random and last minute trip. I bought the ticket and applied for my HK Visa on Thursday and just flew on Sat early morning. I just want to have a break as I would have a very crazy 2 months because of both my work and study. Year end is always the peak season for us and this is going to be my last semester for MBA course. I got to cover both work and study plus a management project to end my MBA course early next year. After checking my schedule last Thursday, I decided to go somewhere to enjoy my precious weekend which I don't need to work and meet up old friends. ; )

Disney is definitely one of the places that I want to visit in Hong Kong. So I went straight to Disney on Sat from airport. This is my first time visiting Disneyland and I really had a lot of fun.
The Special Disney Train
The Fountain
The Parade
Right after I reached, they just started the parade of the day. You can see all the different carton figures and a lot of performances over there, which is one of the biggest attraction sof the park.

After that, I started my adventures in Hong Kong Disneyland. There are four sections: Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Main Street U.S.A. The most attractive part to me is the Fantasyland which reminded me all the memory I had when young. They are so familiar with me and I really forgot all the pressures from work and life when I was there with them.
Sleeping Beauty's Castle
Restaurant
Jenny at the Fantasyland Train

As you know, there are a lot of people in the park especially during weekend. I'm not so interested in those facilities. So I spend most of my time on the various performances and queuing for taking pictures with my favorite carton figures. One of them is definitely Winnie the Pooh. This is my favorite picture from the 100 over pictures I took in these 2 days. I just looked so cute with Tiger and Pooh. Do you guys agree? ; )
Jenny with Tiger and Pooh
Jenny with Tiger and Pooh
The Tiger
Jenny in front of the Castle
Jenny in front of Tarzan's Tree House
Jenny in front of the Castle

I actually went for 3 performances: Mickey's PhilharMagic, The Golden Mickeys and Festival of the Lion King. My favorite is actually Mickey's PhilharMagic. This is a magical 3D show with all the different carton figures though leading by Mickey. You can see all the familiar carton figures running around you because of the 3D effects and they even add in special effect like smell and water. That was really a lot of fun. : ) It's a pity that I can't take pictures as the normal camera can not present the 3D effect.

These are pictures for the Golden Mickeys which is also quite nice but I guess I was a bit tired that I almost dozed off or maybe it's just not as interesting as the 3D show. : Q
Mickey & Minny
Beauty & the Beast
Beauty & the Beast
Jenny with Pooh

I actually spent about 30 minutes to queue for taking pictures with Mickey and Minny each. Though it's quite time consuming and tiring, I was so excited when I was standing next to them. It's just like your childhood dream came true finally. I guess that's the reason why they called it Fantasyland.
Jenny & Minny
Jenny & Minny
The Castle
Jenny & Mickey
Jenny in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle

The last show I went is Festival of Lion King which is a 360 degree open stage for Lion King. The special effect is really good especially cute Simba. I believe it's a robot but the way it moves is just so cute that you got to witness itself.
Lion King

The last and the best part of the day in Disney is the fireworks. It's really amazing with the special effects and the castle background.

FIREWORKS
Amazing Fireworks

After that, I rushed back to town to meet up with Tippy, Candy and Esther, the Hong Kong AIESEC MC members the same year as me. We have known each other since 1999. It's always good to meet up with old friends especially when my last trip to Hong Kong is already 2 years back. We went to a nice hot pot restaurant.
Jenny & Tippy
My Gangs in HK

Thanks for Stella for offering me a nice place to stay in Hong Kong. Stella is also a very special friend of mine. We also knew each other since 1999 when she was in Taiwan for IPM. We are actually born on the same date but she is just 2 years earlier than me. : ) She is really capable that she actually bought this flat on Hong Kong island after working for only 6 years. The housing in Hong Kong is really very expensive. So I can only say she worked very hard and I really like the place a lot. ; )
Jenny & Stella at Stella's Nice Little Apartment

On Sunday morning, I went to visit the Hong Kong Electronic Show, which is one of the major regional show for electronic industry. I guess I just can't ignore things related to my work. It's also great to meet Willy, one of my AIESEC seniors, again. It has been a while from our last meeting back in Taipei.

Jenny & Willy

It's a pity that I didn't have time to try all the food that weekend. Thanks for stella that I had one of the best breakfast with the nice bread and special Hong Kong milk tea. That's really refreshing and a good start for the day.

Great Breakfast

Actually, I was planning to meet up another friend on Sun afternoon as he was working in Hong Kong because of the show. So I took the chance to walk around the city and tried the authentic dessert, the milk strew, while waiting. This one is really nice as it is very smooth and seems the shop I visited is a famous one as it's very crowded even in the afternoon time.
Milk Strew

It's a pity that I didn't manage to meet up with that friend as he was busy with meetings and I need to rush to airport to catch my flight back to Singapore. It is still a very refreshing trip for me and I really had a lot of fun in Disneyland. Now I really want to visit the other bigger Disneyland as this one in Hong Kong is really quite small. I believe the others would be even better.

No comments: