Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Nov 2005

This is the last day of Nov 2005. It is considered one of the busiest month and toughest month I have ever got. I am very busy with the continuous exhibitions and events in both Singapore and Malaysia. Therefore, I really quite a lot and only now I realized how tiring it is. So I really admire those international sales people back in Taiwan that they can travel around the world like nobody's business.

Besides, this month is also very tough for me because there are a few small things going on at my work place. It is actually a small issue but I think it affects how I look at my work a lot. We are used to work on weekend or public holidays as we are working on consumer products. Events and exhibitions are part and parcel of our work life. Originally, we are given off day in lieu for working over weekend. I think it is normal as it means the organization recognizes the extra effort and time the staff put in. However, because of some miscommunication and misunderstanding, the management decided to stop this mechanism.

To be frank, I do not really care about the number of off days I got because I always have quite a number of off days being forfeited at the end of year as I can't finish them. To me, the work is always my first priority but I would try to make use of the off days to either be back home or have some holidays around. However, it is more about the feelings we, the staffs, have on this kind of changes as there is no proper communication made on this issue. I am not resistant on changes but I believe staffs need to be involved and explained on some changes involving themselves so that they can understand the reason why and the necessity of those changes. Furthermore, the side effect of this changes may cause some staffs losing the enthusiasms to organize events or exhibitions over weekend as their extra efforts are not recognized in the common way. I was quite upset at the beginning but I guess everything is all right now as I always put those negative thinking and emotions behind very fast and hopefully we are back to the orignial system already.

Anyway, this is the last day of Nov and I got only three more weeks to finish this peak season. Then I would be back to Taiwan for Julie's Wedding (You guys got to check out her wedding photos. She looks SO grogrous.) and enjoy my one week holiday back HOME.

No comments: