Sunday, January 21, 2007

Executive Search Consultant

Would start my career as Executive Search Consultant officially tomorrow. It is a totally different field though I would still be targeting IT related industries. It is a big switch from hardware to service. The mindset, attitude and interpretation could all be different from what I used to have, but guess that's the change I'm looking for.

Actually, I came back to Taiwan two weeks ago. In the past two weeks, I sorted out my room, bought some essential stuff, some winter clothes and identified one Hot Yoga studio in Taipei. I tried to find a way to continue the lifestyle I have established during the past five years in Singapore.

Things are getting quite ok other than some arguments with my parents. I can't really understand how they can make the whole apartment like trash field as they collected back everything they think it's still working though they don't really need it at all. We have four bedrooms and all of them are full with stuff which are redundant to me as none of us is going to use them at all. They just keep everything because they think these things are still working. What I can do is to defend my room with only things I want and need and ignore every other corner in this apartment. Otherwise, I think I would get crazy and arguing with them everyday.

Anyway, it's quite relaxing and enjoyable two weeks and I shopped like crazy as I know I would not have time to do all these once I start tomorrow. The other day, I visited the office and my supervisor showed me my three months plan and the target they set for me. I really got to perform immediately and I think that's also my expectation on myself.

I WOULD MAKE IT!!

4 comments:

Michael said...

Congratulations on new job and welcome home FINALLY! :D

Alex Del Kanto said...

Well, the elderly acts the same across borders. I've had my fair share or arguments with my parents on the subject of "collecting" junks. Just have to blame it on the difference in point of view. Anyways, all the best in your new assignment, and i know you can do well, as you always do. :)

Ying said...

Of course you will make it! Have fun " battling" out with your parents :) neverending story I think hehe

Red Berry Collections said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.