Sunday, January 07, 2007

Singapore National Museum

Visited the Singapore National Museum once when I first arrived Singapore. I remembered it wasn't impressive as most of the exhibits were quite normal and I could get more detail and better exhibits back in Taiwan actually. They just finished the renovation which started two years ago if I remembered correctly. A lot of people told me about that and all the comments are very good. Therefore, I decided to pay it a visit before leaving as well. Actually, I was planning to go during either Christmas or New Year long holiday but was busy with some other stuff I guess. So yesterday is the only day left for me actually.
Main Entrance of National Museum
Singapore National Museum
Entrance
National Museum
National Museum
Cafe Area of National Museum
When I first stepped into the entrance, I was quite impressed as I like this kind of bright and white environment a lot. I only visited the Living and History parts as I think that's really something about Singapore. There are four section in the Living Galleries: Fashion, Food, Film & Wayang, and Photography. I like the Food section the most as there are some documentary videos showing people making the various local food and their life in the past. As to the History part, that's also quite good as they used a story telling style to guide visitors through the history of Singapore from 14th Century. There are some nice dining and cafe places there but I didn't have time to try on Sat.
Chou & Rico at National Museum
KT & Yen
Jenny & KT
Jenny, KT and Yen
Today, after my farewell Dim Sum lunch, I visited the cafe at National Museum together with KT, Yen, Chou and Rico. The place is really quite nice as I like the bright and white setting but the cafe is so so only and quite costly. Overall, we had a very interesting and enjoyable chatting. It should be a wonderful ending of my time in Singapore.

No comments: