Monday, December 26, 2005

Trip back HOME

My 6-month old 2nd Nephew
Was back at Taipei for the past 10 days. It's a holiday that I have been waiting for as I really need to relax a bit and meet up with friends and family to get recharged. Had dinner with my cousin and my dear 6-month old nephew last Monday. He really grows up very fast as he is so much taller and heavier than the first time I met him this Aug. Only now I realized that I might be better in taking care of kids than my dad. At least, he was not crying when I was carrying him. Maybe he just wanted to give me some "face" as we don't have chance to see each other so often.
Christmas in Taipei
It is my first Christmas back in Taipei after I started working in Singapore. It is very different as finally I have it in cooling Winter instead of HOT weather in Singapore. Besides, it is one of the coldest days in Taipei. We were walking around on Friday night and took this picture in front of Taipei 101, one of the most famous landmark in Taipei now. It's really great to see old friends around again.
Sandy and Jenny
Tina and Cindy
We went to a very nice restaurant on Christmas Eve. It's actually run by one of the previous singer in Taiwan and the place is called "龍君兒的家" and recommended by Cindy. They converted part of their home to be the restaurant with fantastic view over Pacific Ocean at the North East Coast of Taiwan. And we had a great 10 courses lunch there. The dishes are quite nice and delicious though the price is at a high side. However, the nice setup and the view may justify the price already.

The most interesting part of the Christmas Eve is we went back to our uni for the count down. It is very different after 4 years. They have a few more new buildings and parks. The environment is really getting better and better in terms of facilities. We just sat in front of the central library and looked at the sky of Taipei. That was fascinating because of the friends around and unique experience that I have never had it even when I was back in uni. I guess everything is just different now after looking back. School campus is so much more enjoyable and quiet compared with the busy schedule and noisy environment we had in office.
Tina, Jenny & Cindy at KTV
Last day, we finally went to our favorite KTV to enjoy the nice food and the wonderful feeling to release our stress via SINGING. This is a very unique culture in Taiwan I guess and that's what I missed so much when staying away from HOME.

It's coming to be my 5th year in Singapore. Guess it's time to decide where to go for the next stage of my life. It is going to be a difficult decision as I may feel a bit confused when talking about " home". To be frank, I felt so much more relaxed and comfortable when back to my small room in Singapore. Maybe it's because I have stayed at this place for my past 2 years and that's what I'm really familiar with. However, it might be time to search the next destination and that's just another process in my life I guess.

No comments: