Monday, October 24, 2005

All About Love

Watched " All About Love" last weekend. It's about a guy who regreted that he didn't spend enough time with his wife when she died of car accident. 6 years later, he met a lady who got transplatned his wife's heart. It's about how people should treasure what they have instead of regreting when they really lost it.

I think to most of us, our first priority now is our career. So we spend most of our time and energy on work. Others like family, friends,and life might be the 2nd priority or not even on the priority list. However, I was really touched and started to think about my priority in life after watching this movie. The actor changed his life totoally from a successful doctor to a normal emergency officer after he lost his wife, because he regreted a lot and can't enjoy the life again with the regret.

How about me? I left my family to work in Singapore. Though I have a very close relationship with my parents and we almost talked everyday, it is still different from really spending time with them. After all this, I realized that my familiy should be on my first priority and I need to spend more time with them. So I'm planning to go back more frequently next year for Chinese New Year, Mother's Day, and Father's Day at least.

Work is really important but family is more important to me as I have only my parents. I can't imagine life withouth them. I might have a bigger familiy with my husband and kids in the future but parents are so important to me and I should really start thinking of taking good care of them.

No comments: