Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hot Yoga


Thanks for Ying's birthday gift book to me, Singapore CityScoops, and Celina's recommendation. I had my first ever Hot Yoga at Yogaffinity this evening.

I have started practicing Yoga early last year and been reading some articles about Hot Yoga but it was only available in Taiwan at that time. Late last year, Celina told me about Yogaffinity in Singapore and happened that it was mentioned in the book, Singapore CityScoops, also. So I have been thinking of going for this Hot Yoga for a long time.

I have been very busy with work, study and traveling for the first three months o this year and didn't really have time to relax and enjoy my free time. I finally finished MBA courses and one of my major exhibitions this year last weekand so that I can really spend more time with myself and decided to resume my regular yoga class.

Basically, the postures are very similar to the regular Yoga that I have been doing but the heating environment makes quite a lot of difference. Firstly, I really sweat a lot and I think that's the key part of the whole exercise. The postures are actually not as intensive as what I have done but the whole effect might be greater because of the detoxing effects with heat.

Guess I found something new again in Singapore and this should keep me busy for a while. Besides, I also decided to spend more time exploring this island as I don't think I know it good enough. It might be a good start to visit those interesting places on the book.

No comments: