Monday, July 03, 2006

CPF

From last month, my CPF(Central Provident Fund) contribution would become 20% and the company side would become 13% as I have gained Singapore Permanent Resident status for 2 years. I'm not sure if this is something worth celebrating as I do have some extra funds coming in because of the higher percentage of contribution from company but that also means that I would have less disposable income as 20% of them would go into the CPF directly.

I actually do think of buying a place in Singapore if I'm going to stay for a long period of time, which I think I would need to decide these 2 years. The portion going into CPF and my current rental should be able to sustain a 3 bedroom HDB flat here which I would be able to do some investment with my CPF here and might be able to convert my current rental into some sort of investment.

However, this is still far from any concrete decision as I think I would need to go back unless there are some other unforeseen factors coming up these 2 years. Who knows?!

No comments: