Sunday, July 16, 2006

Surprise

Have been walking around quite a number of shopping malls to check out the market situation as I felt that I have been away from Singapore market for too long. Besides, our company is also looking into some strategic locations to increase the brand publicity and exposure. So this weekend, I have visited Orchard, Raffles City, Suntec and the last, Marina Square. A lot of people told me that Marina Square is quite happening after the renovation. There are indeed a lot of people, a lot of shopping crowd.

However, what really surprised me is theses two shops at Marina Square. Firstly, I saw Azabu Sabo. It just looked very familiar to me at the first sight and I haven't really recognize it's actually 麻布茶房, which is one of the popular restaurants back in Taiwan. I just walked in straight away as I really missed the Red Bean Soup and I sort of needing something to replenish the blood that I lost these two days. I was really satisfied with the hot red bean soup and the rice cake.


After that, I started to walk around the mall and something familiar again caught my eyes. I saw a shop, Taiwan Lao Zhao Pai, selling all the Taiwan snacks such as the Sun Cake and all the others. I started smiling from the first sight I saw the shop until I walked one round and took this picture.

We have been always complaining that the food here is not as nice and we do missed all the nice food back at home. Now, seems I have much more options here to hill my home sick. Ha ha.. One more reason for me to stay a bit longer.

No comments: