Thursday, July 13, 2006

Office Drama

Had a big drama in office this afternoon. One of my admin colleagues was asked to visit our dealers to do some merchandising and stock count. I am not sure how the whole thing was presented to her but after that she started a big drama in office. She started to criticize the company ad the management that it is only a small company which pays her very little. She is not happy with the company and the management. She is prepared to go as long as the company retrenches her. She can find better jobs at other places if the company retrenches her. She also mentioned that the management are only talking to the younger group of people and did not treat the old staff fair.

I do not think the whole logical or reasonable to me but I might not be able to judged like this as I am not sure what had happened in the past twenty years and the talk this morning. However, I do not understand the logic why she cannot leave the company even though she is so unhappy about it just because the company does not retrench her. I always believe the person him or herself is the only one who can make the decision for their own life. You can't leave your life on others' hand. That is to say if you really find yourself miserable, you should either change the situation or adjust yourself to suit the situation. So if you are really not happy about the job and the company, you should just leave to look for what you want. Cannot really understand the reason why she does not want to leave unless she is looking at the money the company may give for the retrenchment or she simply cannot find any other better offer.

From my understanding, the company is trying to keep the older staff as I heard the director mentioned that the management wants to take care of them as they have devoted their youth and precious time to the company. I believe that is the reason why the management does not want to retrench the staff especially the older ones if they are not leaving by themselves.

At least to me, I still find my company and job interesting and rewarding in a way though it might not be the best or the perfect one. I cannot say that I would be with this company forever but I do believe that I would ensure myself work happily every day. If cannot, it might be time for me to move on. I would not let myself to become so miserable.

No comments: