Sunday, September 24, 2006

Movie Marathon

Sort of breaking my personal record this weekend as I watched four movies: The Banquette on Fri, Miami Vice on Sat, P.S. and Imaging Me & You today. "Love" is such a popular topic that all the movies here are talking about it. One killed his brother because he loved or I should say desired the sister in law. One sacrificed herself in a way to be the stepmother or aunt because she wanted to save her lover's life. Love between a man from the justice side and a woman dealing with illegal stuff. Love between a 39-year old woman and a 20 plus man who looked like her first true love in high school but died early. Love between a newly wed woman who meet her MISS RIGHT during her wedding. All the different types of loves but what is love actually?

A question that I have been wondering for the past one day. People love by sacrificing, compromising, forgiving, forgetting. The other day, talked with a good friend about her Long Distance Relationship. People sacrifice or compromise to make the relationship work. Lately, heard from another good friend that she forgave to make the relationship work. I support all their decisions because they are working on what they want, but what am I working on?

Have been spending quite a lot of time alone, traveling, working, eating, reading, walking, sleeping, surfing, shopping, watching movie. There was a particular moment when I was watching movie today that I just wanted him to be next to me. Just want to feel his smell, his voice, his hand, his warm shoulder, but where is he? That's probably a question that I would never ask.

No comments: