Sunday, October 25, 2009

Summer Palace - 頤和園


Finally I got the chance to visit this famous Summer Palace during Vega's visit at the end of Oct. I have been longing for visiting this place but it's actually a bit far from the downtown area that we stayed. It took about 50 minutes to reach there by subway. Therefore, when Vega told me that Bulan and she were coming to Beijing for a short trip and Summer Palace is one of the destinations, I was so happy to join the group.

From the name indicated, it is the Summer Palace for the empire family of the Chiang dynasty during summer. So it is really grand with the fantastic view. Guess that's the reason why I like Beijing because of all the historical buildings and cultural stuff available here. This is really a city worth visiting to understand and feel more about the unique Chinese culture.

No comments: