Thursday, July 07, 2005

New Phone Wanted!

Got my first handphone in early 1999. So I have been using handphone for 6 years. I have changed 4 phones from the very beginning. Three of them are Nokia and the last one is Sony Ericsson.

Just found out some interesting things when I send in my Sony Ericsson T610 for repairing yesterday. The microphone of the phone is not functioning. So the other side can't really hear clearly.

First, I thought those contacts in the phone book are very important to me, but not really. I thought that might be the only way for me to reach out the world. I have about 450 phone numbers in the phone book but the Sim Card can only save up to 250 contacts. So I was trying to go through the phone book and picked out those important numbers that I may need to use during the repairing. After going through 100 plus numbers, I gave up. I realized that there are only a few numbers that I might need to use very frequently and I either can remember them or I can reach those people via other methods such as e-mail or MSN. So the conclusion is the Sim Card Back-up product that I am looking at might not be so popular.

Second, I was considering if I should send in the phone for repair as the officer informed me that it might cost up to S$70 if they need to change a few components inside. If not, I also need to pay S$15 for the diagnose. I was thinking if I really need to pay S$70, I might as well buy a new phone. However, the problem is I can't find any phone that I really want. I might end up buying the same phone. Then I must as well repair this one. In the end, they informed this evening that it costs S$42.5 to change the microphone and the labor cost. I think it's still more cost effective to repair this phone.

Handphone has become a very personal thing and consumers start to become very picky on this. I want a good design with all the features I want. However, I haven't seen the design that satisfy me yet. Hopefully, the new 3G phone would be really interesting with the sleek design and all the features built in. Guess I am quite a techy person and would like to have a really "good" phone which suits my need.

No comments: