Saturday, July 02, 2005

The Alchemist

Thanks for Ying Ying's gift, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, on Nov 12th 2003. That was the farewell party for both of us. I was going back to Taiwan for my three months study and preparation for my master degree application and she was going to Sweden for her traineeship. Both of us were starting our journeys to look for our destinies and this book is actually talking about how this shepherd found his destiny also.

I always believe everyone got his or her own destiny. Their existence must make some difference to the world. The difference could be big or small depending on how his or her existence would affect your life but everyone must have a value in this world. So here I am to find out my destiny and my value.

I believe everyone has his or her own dream or the goal to achieve. I guess I just started another journey to look for a different life, but this is a painful decision as it affects and hurts people around me. However, just like the shepherd in this book, I need to be persistent in searching my destiny. Though it would be a tough way to go, I must not give up until I found my destiny. The result could be very ironic that I just give up the best I can find, but I need to prove it.

3 comments:

Dong said...

All the best ;)

Enjoy the journey!

Ying said...

I love this book too, definately inspirational and you can relate to it, no matter who you are and at different stages of your life.

So many aspects of your life left to be explored, so many more things about the world to know about, time to fly:))

Jenny Yang said...

Thanks! Dong Wei. Trying my best now. :)

Ying, Thanks for the book really. Just finish one of his books, Eleven Minutes. Was quite good for the beginning part but the ending is not as good as what I expect. Start reading his latest book, The Zahir. Share with you guys after I finish lu. :)