Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 New Year Resolution

Have been thinking about my 2006 New Year Resolution from my last birthday in mid Dec. Finally, I have come out a few of them that I want to accomplish this year.

1. Professional Personal Photo Shoot
I have not yet taken any professional photo shots and I think it's time to have one set to presume the memory of me in late 20s.

2. Health & Fitness
- Yoga/Pilates: Have been doing both Yoga and Pilates for a while and I really enjoy this kind of exercise. Would work out another schedule after confirming the new place we would move to after Feb.
- Diet/weight Control: Lately, I'm more conscious about health and fitness as friends around me are either on non-carbohydrate diet or blood type diet, but I think it's also good to start to pay attention to this when I'm still young. Health is always the fundamental for anything everything that I want to do in the future.

3. Work Advancement
I have started working on overseas markets at the second half of last year and this move would influence my future career planning directly. So I target to open ASEAN market. Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam are on my first priority as well as India and Philippines if possible.

4. Traveling
- Japan (Cherry Blossom)
- Europe (Germany/Spain)
- Cambodia
- Thailand (Diving)
- New York (New Year Count Down)
- Home (Chinese New Year/Mother's Day/Father's Day)
Anyone interested in joining me at these destinations?

5. MBA
- Dissertation: This would be the last task for my MBA course and would need to submit my dissertation by March. Then I'm done with my MBA course. : )
- Graduation Ceremony: This would be the first that my parents visit me in Singapore. There are no other excuses that they do not "need" to visit me anymore. Ha... Ha...

6. Be Myself
-Just Do It!: One of my friends said that I'm a very rational person and my brain instead of my heart makes all the decisions. So sometimes, I just can't follow my heart. Late last year, I started to release my heart and just follow my feelings. I think it's a good sign that I just do whatever I want and then there is no regret in my life. So this year I would continue and it might not be that easy because I have such a strong mind on everything. : Q
- Cherish and Respect myself: I always believe people need to cherish and respect themselves then others would start to cherish and respect them. I also believe that there is nothing forever other than ourselves. So I decide to cherish myself much much more this year and do everything anything good for myself. We won't know if we still have the chance to do that again if we miss it.

7. Self Improvement
- Japanese: Have been spending my past three years studying. This year, I decide to continue my study but not those formal courses but more on self improvement. Japanese become the choice because I was looking for some Japanese book for a friend and sort of inspired by those books. Besides, I want to visit Japan later this year and this may help.
- Golfing: Seems Golf become a must when talking business at a higher level. My direcotors also suggested me to pick up so that I may have more chances to participate in some networking events. Since I would be free from formal courses this year, golf would come into one of my activites and hopefully I can pick up soon.

4 comments:

Ying said...

Cambodia! me me me!!!shd be more free in Feb, so tell me when :)

Why8 said...

Jenny, instead of just a photo shoot, maybe you want to consider the following:

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1135679132/3D_Body_-_Stay_young_forever

Jenny Yang said...

Adrian,

Thanks for the suggestion. That looks really interesting but I might not be able to share it with everyone. Photos might be more generic but that indeed is a good idea for someone special.. haha.. :)

Jenny Yang said...

Ying...

TOO BAD.. Just realized that I got three shows in Malaysia during the Good Friday Week. Got to plan my traveling schedule again. Would keep you updated la.. or maybe we should just go during weekend before you start the new job.. haha.. good luck on job hunting la. :)