Friday, January 13, 2006

Disappointments

Have been through a few disappointments in the past four months. I always believe that I won't really get hurt if I do not have so much desire especially on those things that I can't control. Therefore, I try to cut down my wants and needs on certain things I do not have the control. However, lately I let my desire and feelings go freely and seems it's getting a bit out of control. The more I want, the more disappointments I get if I fail.

So I start wondering what I really want in life. I thought I just want a happy and simple life, but seems I spend a lot of time and efforts on study, work, and relationship to try to get something big out of them.

But what do I really have now?

Yap, I'm finishing my MBA course soon but I don't think I really get much out of this course. It's simply another piece of certificate to me.

Yap, I work hard to get my sense of fulfillment and money but seems the current development of my work is too slow in a way for me.

Yap, I start to learn how to open myself to express my feelings and know how to care for another person but now I also know how it feelts when the other person doesn't really care what I have put in.

I felt that my past 27 years are quite smooth in a way. Maybe it's because of my family education that I have been taught not to desire so much and can only rely on myself. So I limit myself in a box that I know I can live happily forever, but I'm also curious about how the life would be if I jump out of the box.

Here the bad news is it's not as good what I expect or I should say I have not yet learned how to handle it. It could be better if I really learn how to live out of this box or it could be even worse that I decide to go back to my small box and make it even smaller.

One friend told me that if I won't try I would never know. Yes, that's true but what would the result be if I keep trying and trying. More and more disappointments?? Or one day I can really make it??

2 comments:

Ying said...

Have faith and believe in yourself, no matter what happens.
True that disappointments hurts, but its even worse to think our negative mentality would brings us far away from what could be possible. Blame on luck, timing or environment, but never doubt yourself. Hehe thats what i tell myself too :)

Jenny Yang said...

Thans so much,Ying! Seems I'm getting back my faith in myself today. There are up and downs in life. I just got a small cycle I guess. Hopefully, it's going UP now.

Yap, I'm not going to doubt myself anymore. I realized that it would make things worse and it did. So I would either let go and improve the situation positively though I may not be able to make it.

Thanks so much again. :)