Friday, February 03, 2006

Chinese New Year

This is the most special Chinese New Year I have ever had. I spent the past 7 days in hospital because my dad was hospitalized. He had a very serious diarrhea from the day before new year eve. So I sort of kidnapped him and send him to hospital. However, the situation is much worse than what I expected. They did a blood test and found out that he got a lot more problems such as high blood sugar because he got diabetes, low blood pressure, high cholesterol and a lot more.

The doctor was thinking of sending him to ICU but it's all full at that time. So they just arranged the normal room for him. At that point of time, I didn't realize how serious the whole situation was as I was busy with arranging the administration part and discussing with the doctor on the result of all the testing reports. Now, I thought back. It was really critical as all the testing results were quite negative.

My dad was really lucky that both my mom and me were at home on that day and the doctor is very experienced. I can't imagine if he was at home alone on that day.

I actually decided to stay in Singapore for another one to two years as I just started some important tasks on my job. Guess I would need to sort out another solution so that I can take care of both my dad and my work at the same time and it is really challenging.

No comments: