Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lantern Festival

Today is the 15th day of Chinese New Year. It is the end of the new year and also Lantern Festival(元宵節) as this is the day to appreciate the Laterns and eat glutinous rice ball (Yuan Xiao) with family. So I just prepare dinner for Ceci and myself. The most important dish is this glutinous rice ball.

Remembered I was looking for the home-made glutinous rice ball all over Singapore during my first Latern Festival here in 2002. In the end, KT suggested China Town, where we should definitely find it as that's the traditional food for Chinese. After searching along the road, we finally found it at a small stall by the roadside. Seems that is quite a famous one and tasted not too bad. This is my 5th Lantern Festival here. How many more would I have in Singapore?? Good Question!!

No comments: