Saturday, May 27, 2006

Match Point


Discovered a convenient DVD renting machine, Cinenow, nearby my place and watched my first movie, Match Point, by them this morning.

The introduction said "This whole movie is about ambition and obsession, the seduction of wealth and the discordant relationship between love and sexual passion. Perhaps most importantly, however, the story reveals the huge part luck plays in the events of our lives, refuting the comforting misconception that more of life is under our control than really is."

And the opening really put me into thinking and wondering. It said "The man who said "I'd rather by lucky than good" saw deeply into life. People are afraid to face how great a part of life is dependent on luck. It's scary to think so much is out of one's control. There are moments in a match when the ball hits the top of the net and for a split second it can either go forward or fall back. With a little luck it goes forward and you win. Or maybe it doesn't, and you lose."

The guy murdered his coquette in the end because she got pregnant and wanted him to devoice his wife who's the source of his wealth and comfortable living style. So he killed her and his baby in order to keep this thing covered and lucky him that the police did not discover the truth.

I can't believe that people would do this but I guess that's what happened in the real world. People is willing to do anything because of their obsession of wealth or the so-called high social class. Guess I won't as I have been taking "money" quite lightly and I believe I'm willing to look for other types of fulfillment in life say career, family or children to exchange the so-called fortune. I believe I don't need TONS of money. Sufficient is enough but my standard of sufficient might be quite high also.

No comments: