Saturday, May 13, 2006

Going Back Home

I flew back to Taiwan last Thursday evening because my dad went for an operation that morning. Actually, I knew that he was doing some check up in the hospital and may need to go for some operation. I thought it might be this week and I did plan to fly back last Saturday. However, he actually had the operation on Thursday morning and originally they didn't want me to know. I called back last Thursday morning and I felt the way my mom talked was a bit abnormal. Then I called my cousin to check out what's happening and realized that my dad was in operation already. Immediately, I decided to flew back though I know that's not a big operation. I just didn't want to leave my mom alone to take care of my dad. I never knew that my parents have such a big influence on me because I couldn't think of anything else after knowing this news. At that particular moment, I knew it's time that I need to "GO BACK HOME" after almost 5 years outside.

However, after almost 10 days in Taipei, I realized that I'm not used to the life here already as I do not have my own space like what I do in Singapore and the lifestyle is very different. Guess the biggest challenge I got right now is to maintain the lifestyle I like and want in either Singapore or Taipei as well as to spend more time with my parents and take care of them.

No comments: