Friday, August 28, 2009

3 Step Cooking - Bakery

I have been loving making things by myself. Cooking and baking are something I am pretty found of. Since young, I have seen daddy's cooking and because of my 5.5 years in Singapore, I have developed the cooking habit to firstly satisfy my eating desire for some specific dishes. As to Baking, I had been baking some cakes during my last year in uni since I got some free time after retiring from AIESEC. However, I didn't do much of baking since then because of the lack of equipments and tools.

During this long break, I did attend some Bread Baking session at CAKEDIY(飛訊) to pick up Break Baking as I used to make cakes instead. These two are pretty different in terms of the ingrediants and the methods applied.

So since I have much more free time in Beijing, I started to explore the Bread Bakery with this tiny and basic oven toaster provided by the service apartment. I firstly tried the 5 minutes bread receipt suggested by Jessica. She found it on tsui's blog - Anthoropologistin the kitchen 廚房的人類學家. However, it was very successful as it is too wet and difficult to make up the shape. So I decided to try another receipe book that I bought - 3 Step Cooking by Yummy. She started sharing her receipts with simple cooking method on blog and then published quite a number of cook books thereafter.

This time, I tried the Milk Bread and Crossoint. The result wasn't very good as the bread is very easy to get burn with the small oven like that. Besides, the bread wasn't raising properly as it may take longer than what I expected. However, the shape is almost there. Got to figure out some way to work together with this machine.

No comments: