Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cloud Gate - Nine Songs


I have been thinking to watch Cloud Gate's performance for a long time because it has earned a lot of compliments and respect from different part of the world and the most importantly they are from Taiwan. 2 years ago, they did have a performance in Singapore but I wasn't able to attend because of traveling schedule . Therefore, this time once I know of the Nine Song performance, I decided to go right away.

To be frank, I didn't really understand the whole performance as there are a lot of different factors here with a Chinese historic story, Taiwan local aboriginal music and dancing. However, the dancing, the stage setting, the music and the performance itself was really impressive to me though I didn't understand the story or there is even no story actually. ;Q

Actually, I met Mr. Lin Hwai-min in person at FSA VIP dinner. He delivered a speech about Cloud Gate and the different factors in his performance. I can really feel his enthusiasm when he was talking. It's really great to know that there are still a lot of people from Taiwan dedicating in their life. It's not just about politics here.

No comments: