Monday, April 25, 2005

Home Made Food

Home Made Food
Lately, "Home" and "Family" become very hot topics. I just came back from home last week. Jessica went back to her second home, India, last week and her parents are coming over this week. Vega's mom just arrived this evening. Ceci's parents are coming over next week as well. Seems all of us are sort of missing home and our families lately.

I came back with a small luggage that I brought back for my personal belongings and a big carton box full of "fresh" supply. I was talking to my mom previously about how one of my seniors brought the dumpling and some other home-made food done by her mother over to Singapore. That was a very cleaver move to fix home-sick. Then my smart parents started to plan for me. We went back to my grandma's place one day before my flight and got all the fresh supply of fishes and seafood. Then they prepared those things and made it ready to cook for me.

You can see from the pictures. The fish, the cuttlefish and even the rice are from Taiwan. That fishes is the fresh and delicious ones that you would never find it in Singapore and that's my Home Made Food here. Seems I'm getting back my cooking habit that was missing for some time because of my busy schedule on work and study.

I should be back at the end of May again and that's the best season for the fresh bamboo shoot. Ying! Still remembered that one you had at my home? Should be able to bring back some for you. ;-)

6 comments:

V said...

Taiwan rice!!! Waaaaaahhhhhh!!! Miss it so much!!! :-D

Jenny Yang said...

haha... :) Maybe I should organize a dinner this long weekend before I use out all the fresh supply I have on hand. The last big feast I have prepared is already one year ago when paul, chika and betty were still around. Time to do it again lu. Let me know if anyone is keen to join.....

Jessica Tsai said...

Why I was in India? I missed my favorite fish from Yang papa >_<~~

Jenny Yang said...

haha.. Jess.. don't worry.. I still got some at home.. would reserve some for you....

Ying said...

hmmm i think betty brought back for me some time back...i not very the fond, i miss ur dad's seafood more harharhar

Jenny Yang said...

Haha.. Don't worry. Brought something back this time. Would pass to you later. That should be a big suprise lu. : )