Wednesday, April 27, 2005

SALSA!!

Seems I have been trying quite a number of new stuff lately. So here comes another one. It's my first Salsa class tonight. I went with Eric, one of my fallow Taiwanese friend, here and we tried to find the "studio" with the "simple" map we got from their website. Luckily, both of us got quite a good sense of direction. When we reached there, it's about 30 minutes before the class and there were quite a number of people queuing for registration already. Coincidentaly, we met Chris over there as well becuase he came as volunteer to help out the other classes.

I was really shocked to see so many people when I first entered into the classroom. I have no idea it's so popular now. The first class is just the basic routine and one more turning style, which are quite simple, but I learned 2 things from this lesson. First, in salsa world, "any" man is on demand as the sex ratio is too different that all the ladies got to wait at the "loading bay" to get the chance to practice with the guys. Besides, ladies got to be total followers and just let the guys do whatever they want to do (I mean dancing). Anyway, the whole thing is still very interesting to me and maybe I would have a performance to present what I have learned like one of the Taiwanese artist, little S, in the future. Ha Ha... Another day dream I guess. : )

No comments: