Tuesday, April 19, 2005

New Experience in Taipei

I was back at Taipei last week and had some new and interesting experience. First, I finally got the chance to visit the top of Taipei 101, the highest building in the world. There was a long queue because of the tourists and only then I realized there are so many "Chinese" in Taipei now. Unfortunately, they are not well trained enough like me in Singapore and take "queuing" seriously. Anyway, I didn't feel it's so different until I got to the top that I can really my City. I can even see the "Keelung Island" which is located outside of Taipei Country. I was really surprised and felt so good that we have this wonderful achievement. I have visited a few high towers in other countries. None of them are as significant as Taipei 101 to me. Besides, the elevator is another surprise. It only took 39 seconds from 6th floor to 89th floor and the top seep is 1000m/m. You got to try it by yourself.

Queue for 101 Birdview from the top of 101 The amazing elevator

Besides, I met up with one of my close seniors, Kevin, for dinner and we went to a nice Russian restaurant in Taipei. I was surprised to see all the different types of restaurant in Taipei. The food is quite good and special to me. It is very similar to most of the western food but the way they cook and the source are quite different. Not really sure if people in Russia really take that kind of food but it's still quite good. They even have performance on the folk dancing and the local music. Great to see that my hometown, Taipei, is getting more and more internaionalized and seems there are more and more foreigners there as well. I think Taipei has improved a lot and becomes more foreigner-friendly over the past few years.

Kevin Russian Food

No comments: