Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mar 14th - Barcelona Day 1

Arrived Barcelona yesterday afternoon and had some little "incident". I'm supposed to meet Ariel at the city centre of Barcelona, Plaza Catalunya, but my dearest Ariel thought I would be arriving today. Lucky that she gave me her address so I went straight to her place by taxi. However, the point is her handphone was not on because she was in library.

This is actually my second time encountering this kind of situation. My first time was actually in Thailand in 1999 but I was too "green" at that time. I decided to fly back to Taiwan straight away as my host was not around. However, this time, I'm much much more experienced in terms of traveling. So I just found a cafe shop near Ariel's place and checked with friends to confirm her number as I'm afraid that I got the wrong number (sorry to disturb Cindy and Ruby at midnight in Taiwan) After two to three hours, I was actually thinking to find a hotel to settle down first then I got the notification that she received my message. Finally, we got "connected".

At night, Ariel brought me to walk around the Old Town of Barcelona. This is a very interesting area as the buildings there are all hundreds of year old and there are all sorts of interesting small shops selling all different types of stuff. It is full moon these two days and the town looks so nice with the bright moon light.
Barcelona Old Town
Barcelona Old Town under Full Moon

After that, we went to have the famous Tapas. They served all different types of food with a small piece of bread and these are really all about creativity. These are exactly for me as I always like to try a lot of different stuff but with small portion. All of them look so nice and taste also very delicious.
Nice Bakeries
Tapas Restaurant

No comments: