Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Last Christmas in Singapore

This is my last Christmas in Singapore before going back. Nacho organized a Christmas Eve Dinner at his place and invited a group of AIESEC trainees. I prepared two dishes. One is the dumpling contributed by my cousin and the other is fish. Luckily, I got dumplings as it could be quite difficult to eat the fish without rice. Guess that's the reason why I don't really cook dishes unless I got a few people to share the rice.
Christmas Eve Dinner
On Christmas Day, I met up with Albert at Raffles Hotel. We were thinking to visit the newly opened National Museum but my hip joint was doing well so that I can't walk properly. Anyway, we just walked around Raffles Hotel itself and realized that there is a performance from Victoria JC Choir in the early afternoon. That was Albert's school and he did the same thing 10 years ago I guess. They were really singing very well and it's so much fun to imagine how Albert looked like standing and singing over there 10 years ago.
Raffles Hotel
Victoria JC Choir
Raffles Hotel
Birds Listening to Choir
Later on, we went to one of my favorite bakeries at Raffles Hotel, Ah Teng Bakery. I blogged about it a few weeks ago. Last week, I brought Matt over there to try their Kaya Toast and Dim Sum breakfast set also. I have managed to try their cakes, sandwiches, Kaya toast, dim sum, and scorns. I really enjoy the nice setting and atmosphere of this place and the price is quite reasonable. This should be a place that I would miss in Singapore.
Afternoon Cake Set
Jenny & Albert

No comments: