Saturday, December 09, 2006

Shenzhen


Was visiting suppliers in Shenzhen last Wed to Fri. That was my second time visiting China for the past five years working in sourcing. Guess I have been trying to avoid visiting China unconsciously. If not, I should be there a few more times as that's the major places that my products are manufactured.

I was a bit scared before reaching Shenzhen as a few friends warned and threatened me that place especially the security part. I have heard at least three cases of murdering just within 7 days before I left for Shenzhen. I thought I should be able to survive as I have traveled around Indonesia or Vietnam. Shenzhen shouldn't be any problem, but I was still a bit worried. However, I was quite surprised that the place is not as bad as what I expect. Maybe it's because we stayed at a new area and we hired private cars to travel around the city instead of taking taxi on the road.

Guess I can't avoid visiting China from now on as I wouldbe be getting involved more in the Greater China market. I should have more chances visiting China but not sure which part of it.

No comments: